Gifts for Electricians11 min read
If you’re struggling with what gift to buy for an electrician in your life, we’ve got you covered. It can be challenging to think of ideas for electricians’ gifts since not everyone understands what types of gifts they want.
Should you buy them something they need for work or for relaxation? To help you decide, we’ve come up with a list of the perfect gift ideas for electricians, so you don’t have to spend hours thinking and looking anymore.
If you’re interested to know more about the best gift ideas for your electricians, whether they’re your friend, family member, or loved one, keep on reading!
But before anything else, there are some features that you need to consider first before buying a gift for an electrician in your life.
What to Look for in a Gift for Electricians?
As mentioned, thinking of gift ideas for electricians can be a difficult task. So, it is necessary to have a buying guide to be sure that there is value in the money you’re spending. Not to mention, your local electrician will appreciate it!
Make sure to go through this ff. points before making any purchases:
An electrician’s job requires a lot of tools due to their different tasks and projects. Buying separate tools can be costly, especially if you’re on a tight budget, so one viable option is to find multiple electrician toolbox sets.
A carrying case is one example or gift idea that you can give to an electrician. This gives your electrician the chance to take them and their equipment to different working sites.
2. Durability and Reliability
Electrician tools should be just as durable and reliable as any other tools that we use. Unlike ordinary workers, they face a lot of wear and tear over time. They might even face problems with the electrician tools after months of using them, which can be a huge issue.
So, always make sure that an item has enough durability and reliability. When buying gifts, always check on the product’s warranty. Some products might come with a 1-year long warranty, while others offer a 2-year long warranty. This allows you and your electrician peace of mind.
Another key feature to consider when buying gifts for electricians is the material. Whether you’re thinking of giving them electrician tools or protective gear as a gift, always remember to look at what the items are made of.
Choosing electrician items or products with good quality material (eg. stainless steel) provides you the amazing value of the money you’re spending and for the electrician as well.
Every electrician appreciates tools and gear made with authentic and durable material, allowing them to use it in the long term.
4. Insulating rating
Lastly, but definitely not the least feature you should include is the insulating rating. As a matter of fact, this is the most important aspect you need when buying gifts for electricians.
In most cases, electricians have to work with live wires. They aren’t allowed to utilize standard tools for their electric requirements because otherwise, they’ll get an electric shock and other accidents.
Some products are insulated for up to 1000 volts, while others are insulated for up to 2000 volts. Here’s a rule of thumb to make things easier: the higher the insulating rating is, the better. This allows you to work on live wires without any risks.
Top 5 Best Gifts for Electricians
1. DEWALT 20V MAX/18V/12V Jobsite Radio
Almost every individual in this world owns a gadget or device, and it’s one of the best feelings in the world. Surprisingly, even electricians need one, too. What makes the DEWALT Jobsite Radio a great gift idea to electricians is to do two tasks. This device is pocket-friendly and reduces the need to buy individual devices.
Another thing to admire about the DeWalt worksite radio is that it supports both AC/DC power making. This feature makes it flexible to be powered by DeWalt power batteries or an AC power cord. This also makes it compatible with various battery systems, as it features a cordless radio function that helps run off Lithium batteries.
This job site radio has a sturdy construction, which gives added protection to your expensive gadgets. This feature allows you to charge USB devices and includes a 3.5mm auxiliary port for connecting your gadgets. Nothing feels better when you play or listen to music while working, making the DeWalt worksite radio the ideal gift for your electrician loved one.
- Provides more than one task for a price of one
- Includes protective device storage box
- Supports both AC/DC power making
- Provides flexibility
- Allows 3.5 mm Auxiliary input for connection
- Can be powered by either DeWalt power batteries or an AC power cord
- Runs on 12V MAX/18V/20V MAX battery packs
- Provides compatibility with a variety of battery systems
- Features a cordless radio function
- 20volt battery does not lock onto the radio
- Sound quality and reception might be terrible
- Battery life might run out in 3-4 hours
2. Fluke 323 True-RMS Clamp Meter
A clamp meter is one of the most important troubleshooting and safety tools for residential and commercial electricians. This is a must since safety is the number one concern as an electrician. Therefore, a durable and reliable clamp meter like this Fluke 323 True-RMS is a great gift.
This clamp meter has true RMS, which allows you to access accurate readings for both linear and non-linear load readings. This DC clamp meter can measure AC up to 400amp, AC and DC voltage up to 600V. It can measure resistance up to 4 kilohms.
With the Fluke 323 True-RMS, the user can measure wire up to 30mm in width without interrupting the circuit. It includes an audible continuity sensor that confirms whether the circuit conducts electricity. This device is a great gift idea for electricians getting into the electric field or who need an upgrade with their clamp meter.
- Digital clamp meter measures AC to 400 amps, AC and DC voltage to 600 v, and resistance to 4 kilohms
- RMS Sensing Meter provides accurate readings for both linear and non-linear loads, regardless of waveform
- Offers durability and reliability
- Measures wires up to 30mm in width without interrupting the circuit
- Includes audible continuity sensor
- Does not measure DC
- Intermittent test leads; might break internally after only months of light garage usage
- Design alterations are different than the previous models
3. DEWALT DCHJ062C1-L 20V/12V MAX Camo Heated Jacket
If you’re looking for a gift that will be extra useful for your electrician during the cold season, the DeWalt Camo Heated Jacket might be what you’re looking for. Most electricians start their day in the wee hours of the day. Don’t you dread leaving your warm house just to step outside in the cold weather, too? For some people, it isn’t so bad. But for electricians, it can be a huge struggle.
Working in a heated jacket during the cold weather can make a huge difference for an electrician. We guarantee that the electrician will appreciate it as a gift and find it useful than any material item.
The DeWalk Camo Heated jacket runs on a compact 20 Max battery, which allows the wearer to use the jacket for up to 7.5 hours. It also includes four heating zones to reassure your electrician pal’s upper body to receive optimal heat.
Another key feature of this camo jacket is routing ports for USB cable reach from the battery pocket all the way to the inner chest. This feature makes it convenient for the wearer to charge cellphones. If your electrician loved one work for long hours in the cold, then this is without a doubt an ideal gift to give them.
- Runs on compact 20 Max battery up to 7.5 hours
- Includes 4 heating zones, which allows optimal heat for the user’s upper body
- Provides routing ports for a USB cable for cellphone charging
- Has an LED controller with 3 temperature settings and a pre-heat function
- Has a total of 7 pockets
- Includes a soft water-resistant Camo outer shell
- Stylish design
- Does not offer heating areas on the back, neck, and chest
- Only limited sizes
- Battery disconnects easily
4. Work Cooler 17-Quart Tradesman Pro Tough Box Klein Tools 55600
Electricians who work in the trades find value in a good lunch box. It helps maintain the temperature of their food, and it also doubles down as a seat that’s good for up to 300 lbs. The Work Cooler 17-Quart Tough Box can keep your food cool for up to 30 hours.
This Tradesman work cooler is also great for carrying your lunch and snacks. This keeps them cold or well heated for long hours. The lunchbox includes a 16L capacity with a storage component inside, which helps protect and store things like medication, phone, keys, or wallet. This makes a great lunchbox for an electrician or anyone who works in the trades.
So, if you’re looking for an amazing lunchbox gift for your electrician friend, this Tradesman Pro Tough Lunch Box is a great choice. Your loved one or pal who works as an electrician will surely appreciate it!
- Keeps cool for up to 30 hours.
- The main compartment has a 17 quart (16.1 L), 18 can capacity
- Supports up to 300 pounds (136.1 kg)
- Inside the storage compartment, the lid opens full 180-degrees to access and holds items like phone, medicine, keys, napkins, utensils, etc
- The lid stays open at 90-degrees to allow uninterrupted access
- The shoulder strap holds the lid in place while carrying and easily converts to a handle
- Lock hasp fits #1 Master Lock or equivalent (not included)
- Strap and handle might break easily
5. Carhartt Men’s Duck Bib Unlined Overall R01
Most electricians choose a nice pair of overalls as an outfit when going to work. This keeps the electrician or the wearer nice and clean, but it also provides a layer of warmth and comfort.
This Carhartt Men’s Unlined Overall is one of the best gifts if you’re looking for a quality pair of overalls. We believe that there is no better pair on the market to be able to beat this item.
One feature to admire about these overalls is its lightweight and comfortable feeling. It is easy to move around in. Metal rivets can also be placed in key areas, preventing the wearer from injuries or accidents from work. These Carhartt overalls are water-resistant and come with many pockets to store tools.
If you’re looking to buy a gift for your electrician friend who does now own any overalls, then these Carhatt overalls might be worth the purchase for you.
- Provides comfortability and a layer of warmth
- Made of 100% Cotton
- Machine washable
- Prevents wearer from electrical injuries and accidents
- Comes with many pockets to store tools
- Offers only limited sizes
- Shrinks in size when washing
So, Which One Should You Buy?
Finding the best gifts for electricians can be a time-consuming task since not everyone understands their needs and wants. So, we’ve gathered a list of best gift ideas and a buying guide, so you don’t have to spend hours searching and thinking anymore. This is necessary to ensure that there is value in what you spent and your electrician friend will appreciate it.
We highly recommend the Carhartt Men’s Duck Bib Unlined Overall R01. It is a nice and comfortable pair of overalls that fit well on a very electrician’s body. These overalls allow the user to move easily at work and have several pockets to store their tools.
If you like this article, you might want to check out our other articles at Giftsideas.org.